ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Diploma in Business Management (DIBM) at Kolej Sunway Kuching provides students with a broad understanding of general business principles and practices. The programme equips students with the relevant administrative knowledge and key business skills to deal effectively in a rapidly changing environment. Generally, the programme covers both the breadth and the inter-disciplinary aspects of business. It balances conceptual knowledge with an applied curriculum that is also suitable for numerous positions in various industries. It also offers a unique opportunity to enhance student understanding of the enterprise in a competitive situation. Upon completion of this programme, students will be more conﬁdent and get a competitive edge which leads to enhanced employment opportunities.
The DIBM programme provides a solid foundation in general business for an undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related areas. DIBM provides an entry into the BA (Hons) Entrepreneurship, BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance, BSc (Hons) Business Management, BSc (Hons) Business Studies, BSc (Hons) Global Supply Chain Management, BSc (Hons) in International Business and BSc (Hons) Marketing jointly accredited by Lancaster University and Sunway University.
The Sunway Diploma in Business Management graduates will have the option to enter into Year 2 of undergraduate programmes at a wide range of top ranking local and overseas universities, including Nottingham University Malaysia Campus, University of Waikato, New Zealand, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, Birmingham City University, UK, University of Western Australia, Curtin University Sarawak and Australia, James Cook University, Singapore, KDU University College (now University of Wollongong, Australia), Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia Catholic University, Sydney, Cardiff University, Wales, Kaplan Higher Education Academy, Singapore, University of Heriot Watt, Malaysia Campus, University of Deakin, Melbourne, Australia, University of Teeside, United Kingdom, University of Lake Head Canada, Dublin Business School, United Kingdom and UCSI University and Sunway University.
The programme curriculum offers various innovative approaches to learning including seminars, expert guest speakers, case analyses, online business simulations, external consulting projects, and experiential excursions.
- Enable students to acquire in-depth knowledge of the foundations of business and management;
- Facilitate an understanding of the relationship between business and its environment, and the influence this has on how organisations are structured, and developed in relation to its human resources and systems;
- Prepare students to be able to apply their knowledge and skills to support management in planning and decision-making in different business contexts;
- Develop the students’ the ability to communicate in English verbally and in written form, with special reference to accounting and business contexts;
- Cultivate an understanding of the natures and skills of logical reasoning and develop capacity for innovative thinking and effective communication in students.
Diploma holders will be able to support senior managers/executives in administration and management in any type of business. From major corporations to independent businesses, every operation needs skilled administrators in order to succeed.
A diverse range of career prospects include:
- Banking and Finance
- Product Development
- Human Resources
- IT Management
- Business Analysis
- Financial Accounting 1
- Introduction to Business
- English 1
- Principles of Marketing
- Software Applications
- English 2
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Finance
- Business Mathematics
- Operations Management
- Business Information Systems
- Consumer Behaviour
- Quantitative Methods
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- Retail Marketing
- Organizational Behaviour
- International Marketing
- Business Communication
- Electronic Commerce
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Business Management: A Malaysian Perspective
Malaysian students are required to pass the MPU* subjects
|MPU 1||MPU 2||MPU 3||MPU 4|
|Pengajian Malaysia 2|
Bahasa Kebangsaan A
Critical Thinking Skills 2
|Community Services 1|
* Matapelajaran Umum (MPU) subjects are COMPULSORY for Diploma students. Not all subjects will be offered every semester and are subject to availability.
January, April, August, October
The major objective of the assessment and examination procedures is to improve student learning and measure their comprehension.
- A pass in SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 credits; or
- A pass in SKM Level 3 in a related field and a pass in SPM with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject; or
- A certificate (Level 3, Malaysian qualification framework) in a related field with a minimum of PNGK2.00; or
- A pass in STPM or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in 1 subject; or
- A pass in STAM with a minimum grade of Maqbul