Diploma in Business Management
(N/345 /4 /0912 (02/22) PA7670)
What Is This Programme About?
The Diploma in Business Management (DBM) at Sunway College aims to provide students with broad-based knowledge, technical, operational and entrepreneurial skills to perform effectively and ethically within their specific areas of business management, hence inculcating the desire for lifelong learning and career development. The programme also aims to equip students with relevant knowledge and key business skills to deal effectively in a rapidly changing environment. Generally, the programme covers both the breadth and the inter-disciplinary aspect of business. It balances conceptual knowledge with an applied curriculum that is also suitable for various positions in various industries.
The programme curriculum offers various innovative approaches to learning including seminars, expert guest speakers, case analyze, business simulations and experiential industry visit.
The programme aims to promote the ‘employability’ of its graduates, in order that they can thrive in an increasingly competitive employment market. It can be achieved through a blend of academic study and skills development. It is structured to allow increased choice as it progresses and provides two specialist subject routes as well as generalist route from which students may choose, to meet their individual needs and career aspirations. It offers an in-depth business education, geared to professional practice, specialist careers, self-employment and to the demands of general management.
The DBM programme provided a solid foundation in general business for undergraduate degree in Business Management/Administration or related areas.
Diploma holder will able to support senior managers/executives in administration and management in any type of business. From Major corporations to independent businesses, every operation needs skilled administrators in order to succeed. A diverse range of career prospects include banking and finance, manufacturing, product development, human resources, IT management and business analysis.
- Financial Accounting 1
- Introduction to Business
- English 1
- Principles of Marketing
- Software Applications
- English 2
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Finance
- Business Mathematics
- Operations Management
- Business Information Systems
- Consumer Behaviour
- Quantitative Methods
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- Retail Marketing
- Organizational Behaviour
- International Marketing
- Business Communication
- Electronic Commerce
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Business Management: A Malaysian Perspective
MATAPELAJARAN UMUM (MPU)
From 2014 onwards, the Malaysian Ministry of Education has officially announced that the General Education Subjects (GES) or Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) will replace the Compulsory Subjects or Mata Pelajaran Wajib (MPW) for all private higher education institutions in Malaysia, including Curtin University Sarawak campus.The new MPU units will only affect new students’ intake that enrolled in 2014 semester. Exception to take the new MPU units is only applicable to students who undertake foundation, Master’s and Doctor of Philosophy. The Private Higher Education Institution Act 1996 (Act 555) provides that every private higher education institutions shall teach the compulsory subjects: These Units are compulsory for both international and Malaysian students to take as it is in compliance with Section 43(3) Act 555 for the students to graduate.
|NAMA PROGRAM DAN TAHAP PENGAJIAN
||STRUKTUR KURSUS DAN PROGRAM PENGAJIAN
||JUMLAH KESELURUHAN KREDIT
||International Students MPU1133 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (3 kredit) Malaysian Students MPU1153 Pengajian Malaysia 1 (3 kredit)
||MPU 1213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A* (3 kredit) Atau MPU 1223 Critical Thinking (3 kredit)
||MPU 1313 Pendidikan Islam (3 kredit) Atau MPU 1323 Pendidikan Moral (3 kredit)
||International Students MPU2123 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (3 kredit) Malaysian Students MPU2163 Pengajian Malaysia 2 (3 kredit)
||MPU 2213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A* (3 kredit) Atau MPU 2223 Critical Thinking Skills 2 (3 kredit)
||MPU 2313 Malaysian Economy (3 kredit) Atau MPU 1323 Pendidikan Moral (3 kredit)
||MPU2412 Community Services 1 (2 kredit)
|IJAZAH SARJANA MUDA
||International Students MPU3173 Malaysian Studies 3 (Pengajian Malaysia 3) (3 kredit) Dan MPU3143 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (3 kredit) Malaysian Students MPU3113 Hubungan Etnik (3 kredit) Dan MPU3123 Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS) (3 kredit)
||MPU 3213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A* (3 kredit) Atau MPU 3223 Critical Thinking Skills 3 (3 kredit)
||MPU 3313 Economic: An Islamic Perspective in Malaysia (3 kredit)
||MPU3412 Community Service 2 (2 kredit)
*Khas untuk pelajar warganegara tidak kredit Bahasa Melayu SPM dan diambil sekali sahaja bagi mana-mana tahap pengajian sebagai salah satu komponen wajib U2.
- Enable students to acquire in-depth knowledge of the foundations of business and management;
- Facilitate an understanding of the relationship between business and its environment, and the influence this has on how organisation are structured, and developed in relation to its human resources and systems;
- Prepare students to be able to apply their knowledge and skills to support management in planning and decision- making in different business contexts;
- Develop in students the ability to communicate in English, verbally and in written form, with special reference to accounting and business contexts
- Cultivate in students an understanding of the natures and skills of logical reasoning and develop capacity for innovative thinking and effective communication.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Outline the relevant concepts and theories;
- Apply practical and theoretical understanding to solve business problems;
- Show entrepreneurial skills in addressing business issues;
- Demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal, effective communication and social skills;
- Display professional and ethical business conduct; and
- Use the skills and principles of lifelong learning in their academic and career development
• January, April, August, October
• 2.5 Years
• Passed SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 CREDITS.
• 3Bs for UEC.