Diploma In Accounting
(N/344 /4 /0164 (26/18) FA3023)
What Is This Programme About?
- Provides a strong foundation in general aspects of business and accounting.
- Prepares you with effective skills to support the accounting function of a business and the processes of a company.
- Learning about how business elements integrate with each other enabling you to communicate successfully in any business environment.
- Nurtures business knowledge and experience by preparing students to join the work force or for future studies in the accounting field.
- Diploma holder will be able to support Financial Managers in any type of business.
• Financial Accounting 1 (FAC101)
• Cost and Management Accounting 1 (CMA101)
• Software Applications (COM101)
• English 1 (ENG101)
• Principal of Marketing (MKT101)
• English 2 (ENG102)
• Microeconomics (ECO101)
• Principles of Management (MGT101)
• Principles of Finance (FIN101)
• Business Mathematics (MTH101)
• Bahasa Kebangsaan A (MPU2213)
• Pengajian Malaysia 2 (MPU2163)
• Financial Accounting 2 (FAC201)
• Company Law (LAW201)
• Business Statistics (MTH201)
• Business Information System (COM201)
• Entrepreneurship (MGT221)
• Cost and Management Accounting 2 (CMA201)
• Macroeconomics (ECO201)
• Auditing (FAC231)
• Financial Accounting 3 (FAC202)
• Taxation 1 (TAX201)
• Business Law (LAW202)
• Computerised Accounting System (COM211)
• Malaysia Economy (MPU2313)
• Audit and Assurance (FAC331)
• Financial Reporting (FAC311)
• Taxation 2 (TAX301)
• Business Communication (ENG301)
• Community Services (MPU2412)
• Business Research (PRO311)
• Human Resource Management (MGT311)
• Islamic Finance (FIN311)
• Electronic Commerce (COM311)
MPU (Matapelajaran Umum)
From 2014 onwards, the Malaysian Ministry of Education has officially announced that the General Education Subjects (GES) or Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) will replace the Compulsory Subjects or Mata Pelajaran Wajib (MPW) for all private higher education institutions in Malaysia, including Curtin University Sarawak campus.The new MPU units will only affect new students’ intake that enrolled in 2014 semester. Exception to take the new MPU units is only applicable to students who undertake foundation, Master’s and Doctor of Philosophy. The Private Higher Education Institution Act 1996 (Act 555) provides that every private higher education institutions shall teach the compulsory subjects: These Units are compulsory for both international and Malaysian students to take as it is in compliance with Section 43(3) Act 555 for the students to graduate.
|NAMA PROGRAM DAN TAHAP PENGAJIAN
||STRUKTUR KURSUS DAN PROGRAM PENGAJIAN
||JUMLAH KESELURUHAN KREDIT
||International Students MPU1133 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (3 kredit) Malaysian Students MPU1153 Pengajian Malaysia 1 (3 kredit)
||MPU 1213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A* (3 kredit) Atau MPU 1223 Critical Thinking (3 kredit)
||MPU 1313 Pendidikan Islam (3 kredit) Atau MPU 1323 Pendidikan Moral (3 kredit)
||International Students MPU2123 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (3 kredit) Malaysian Students MPU2163 Pengajian Malaysia 2 (3 kredit)
||MPU 2213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A* (3 kredit) Atau MPU 2223 Critical Thinking Skills 2 (3 kredit)
||MPU 2313 Malaysian Economy (3 kredit) Atau MPU 1323 Pendidikan Moral (3 kredit)
||MPU2412 Community Services 1 (2 kredit)
|IJAZAH SARJANA MUDA
||International Students MPU3173 Malaysian Studies 3 (Pengajian Malaysia 3) (3 kredit) Dan MPU3143 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (3 kredit) Malaysian Students MPU3113 Hubungan Etnik (3 kredit) Dan MPU3123 Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS) (3 kredit)
||MPU 3213 Bahasa Kebangsaan A* (3 kredit) Atau MPU 3223 Critical Thinking Skills 3 (3 kredit)
||MPU 3313 Economic: An Islamic Perspective in Malaysia (3 kredit)
||MPU3412 Community Service 2 (2 kredit)
*Khas untuk pelajar warganegara tidak kredit Bahasa Melayu SPM dan diambil sekali sahaja bagi mana-mana tahap pengajian sebagai salah satu komponen wajib U2.
**Not all subjects will be offered every semester and are subject to availability.
Generic programme aims for a diploma to prepare accounting administrators who:
- Understand financial transactions and are able to prepare accounting records for internal and external reporting purposes;
- Can identify accounting issues and communicate effectively;
- Are ethical and professional in providing services;
- Can provide administrative support to the management;
- Are able to utilise ICT in managing information;
- Advance their knowledge and abilities continuously; and
- Are able to explore entrepreneurial activities.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates should be able to:
- Explain the role of accounting in private and public sector organisations;
- Identify financial and non-financial information in assisting decision making process;
- Prepare full set of accounts for sole proprietorship, partnerships and companies;
- Prepare costing and management accounting information;
- Assist in preparation of tax computation, audit process and finance functions;
- Apply information technology for recording accounting information;
- Apply values, ethics, morality and professionalism in their work;
- Apply managerial and entrepreneurial skills;
- Communicate effectively with the management team; and
- Engage in life-long learning.
BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY
• January, April, August, October
• 2.5 years
- A pass in SPM or its equivalent with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics and a pass in English; or
- A pass in STPM or its equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (GP2.0) in any subject, and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; or
- A pass in STAM with a minimum grade of Maqbul and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; and
- A certificate or its equivalent in a related field.
**Editable Application form is best viewed in Chrome / Internet Explorer.