Career Certificate in Business Administration
About Open University Malaysia
OUM is owned by the first 11 Public Universities in Malaysia. This has enabled the University to tap on not only the finest and best academic experts in Malaysia but the varied facilities such as laboratories and classrooms throughout the country. Academic programmes are designed to facilitate students to acquire extra skills in the market place, to give them the added value in a growing competitive world and to meet challenges both domestically and in the international arena. Its strengths span a wide range of disciplines, from IT and Engineering to the Arts and Social Sciences, Business and Science. Quality and ‑flexibility are the key words for all our programmes and we focus on the application of knowledge and skills.
Recognizing the need to stay competitive in today’s knowledge-based global economy the Institute of Professional Development (IPD) was officially founded in November 2000 as one of the centres of excellence within the Open University Malaysia. The Institute of Professional Development (IPD) has begun to establish itself as a leading school for adult learning programmes within and outside OUM. IPD sees itself to be the leading life-long learning programmes provider for working adults in the region. Presently IPD have been working with a diverse network of leading local and international experts to provide the cutting edge and innovative professional and management development programmes for individuals and organizations that require solutions in people and organizational behaviour.
This programme is intended for candidates who are preparing to work or currently working in business at a level that requires knowledge of basic routine administrative procedures.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand the basic routine administration, procedures and standards;
- Have the knowledge of standard office equipment, services and supplies;
- Apply the knowledge and understanding in an office environment.
This programme is designed for candidates who are interested or who are preparing to work or currently working in business at a level that requires knowledge of basic routine administrative procedures. The Career Certificate in Business Administration can be completed in 3 months or 6 months.
• January , April , July , October
• 3 or 6 months
- Completed Form 3 (preferably Form 5); or
- Able to read and write in Bahasa Malaysia and English; or
- Have keen interest on the selected programme; or
- Those without formal or higher education will also be considered if they have significant and relevant working experience and can satisfy Open University Malaysia that he or she has the ability to take the career certificate study.